Can I Do it? Yes I Can!

>>  Sunday, September 6, 2009

For those of you that tuned in this time, last week, you might remember THIS. I made it. It's nothing short of a miracle, but I made it! Okay, really, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I psyched myself up by putting sticky notes around my office computer screen with sayings like:


"You Can Do it"

"It's Okay..Think about how much Better YOU will FEEL"

I would be lying if I didn't admit that I cracked one open somewhere around Thursday night. I took one swig, set it down and walked away. Only to discover that my boys had tipped it over. I watched quietly, as it trickled down the driveway (I had set it on the porch). No loss! I was better off!!

I did break down and have one this morning. But I'm ready to start over. Considering where I started I like to think I made some much needed improvement. So for Just One More Week..I am going to do it again. NO Soda!!

AND, in celebration of my new found strength I am going to add to this weeks goal of NO Soda and...are you ready for this? NO PURSE purchases for ONE MONTH! You heard me. NO buying of purses.

By the raise of hands..who thinks I can do it? *Raising Hand*

11 Pepsi Points :

Stacy Uncorked ,  06 September, 2009 14:50  

*Raising Hand* You can do it!! So are you going to reward yourself with a new purse the day after the month is over? ;)

Too funny that you cracked a soda open and had one swig...only to have it accidentally tipped over by your boys...maybe they were subconsciously helping you out! ;)

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential ,  06 September, 2009 16:26  

Of course you can do it, H.E. but I think you should reward yourself for no soda, not deprive yourself further w/no New Purses!!

Liz Mays ,  06 September, 2009 16:27  

You can do it! I can't but you can!

But the purse purchases...that I can do. I haven't bought a new purse in at least 3 years!

Anonymous ,  06 September, 2009 17:59  

Good job! You should do that each time you have the urge to take a sip, give it to the boys to spill. Then you'll get so aggravating cleaning it up you'll never want a sip anymore!

Kristina P. ,  06 September, 2009 18:14  

I've been caffeine free for about 5 weeks. I haven't been completely soda free, however, as I have been drinking Sprite sometimes, with my upset stomach.

You can do it!

Erin ,  06 September, 2009 20:40  

Yay you! You can do it! I'm here cheering you on.

Cranberryfries ,  06 September, 2009 22:02  

Way to go on last week!!! That is really great. You can totally do it again. I'm so impressed and I know you'll do great.

I love the 'no purse' thrown in their too. Great goals!

trublubyu ,  06 September, 2009 22:58  

*hand way way up high*

good for you! i will be here cheering you on.

oh, erin already said that- but you can have more than one cheerer onner, right? k.

Jamie ,  08 September, 2009 09:05  

Of course you can do it!

If you really need the flavor, try Crystal Light. I switched to it when I decided to go healthier and it worked. Until the caffeine withdrawal came. I vow to myself one can a day to curb the headaches.

I'm a pop addict, too...

Jo ,  09 September, 2009 21:44  

I don't think you can, I KNOW you can. You are a very strong woman and I have no doubt you can do anything you set your mind to. Go you!

Anonymous ,  14 September, 2009 13:21  

Good luck! I bought a purse this weekend. It was my first purchase in several months.

Post a Comment

Is this your first time here? Please...tell us where you clicked from.

A Word From Our Sponsors

All images are compliments of Google Images, unless watermarked or otherwise noted.

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP