You Know You're a Mother IF.....

>>  Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mishka, Mooshka, MICKEY MOUSE! You have ever quoted a children's movie
or television show and then asked your adult friends

"Do you know where that's from....?"

25 Pepsi Points :

McMrs ,  28 January, 2009 08:33  

LOL! Too funny & so true!!
Those children's shows sure like to stick in our heads, dont they?

YKDWhat? ,  28 January, 2009 08:49  

oh gosh. I am SO glad you posted this.

I changed my status on Facebook the other day to

Hot Dog Hot Dog Hot diggity dog.

My friends (19-23) were so confused. :)

Ohhhhhhh tooooodddlllleeesss!!! :)

Jo ,  28 January, 2009 09:30  

Oh dear, I guess I am a mom.

Randi Troxell ,  28 January, 2009 09:42  

not a mother yet... but... i do know what your talkin about! my sister will do that, then look at me all confused like "no i didnt"! lol

Sandy ,  28 January, 2009 10:55  

I'm totally down with the Mouse!

Erin ,  28 January, 2009 11:06  

Oh yeah! I do this way too often. At our house right now, it's "Wall-EEEEEE! Eeeeevah!" Over and over and over.

Kristen ,  28 January, 2009 11:14  

I loved your awards post. A friend and I were just talking about these issues we are seeing.
Thanks for posting

Cassie ,  28 January, 2009 11:55  

My "kids" have flown the coop years ago,but I love Veggie Tales and started buying the videos b4 I even had a grandchild.Often at the grocery store I'll sing the theme song while "walking through the produce aisle"!!

Sweet Tea ,  28 January, 2009 12:08  

"Will you be my Mom?" from "Babe" and "It could happen" from "Angels in the Outfield".

I say those things. *blush

mama's smitten ,  28 January, 2009 12:49  

It's the Mouse Club House! Come inside oh come inside!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Jen ,  28 January, 2009 13:28  

Ha-ha! Love it. So true. We quote from movies all the time. I'm sure people are thinking "okay! Weirdo!"

B ,  28 January, 2009 13:40  

I've never asked if anyone knows where it's from, but I've totally quoted kids movies, even though my kids are too young for movies yet. At least I have kids I can blame it on right?

Anonymous ,  28 January, 2009 14:11  

Do dads do that too? Somehow I think not.

Cammie ,  28 January, 2009 14:18  

I just got extremely confused because I was hearing those words on my TV as I read them on your blog (Meeska Mooska)

trublubyu ,  28 January, 2009 15:14  

oh, yes. i get this post. totally. that's all our conversation is at this house. we have no original lines of our own- so we have to incorporate kids shows.

and, yes, dads do it too.

kel ,  28 January, 2009 17:09  

That is so funny! My husband and I always call for Toodles.."Oh, Toodles? Toodles? WHERE THE HECK IS TOODLES?"

Country Mouse, City Mouse ,  28 January, 2009 19:12  

How about your 10 year old daughter asking you to watch at 10:30 tomorrow on Disney Playhouse and tell her what happens on the show!!

Hope your Wednesday was great.

Dawn Parsons Smith ,  28 January, 2009 23:05  

Yeah, baby! I know where it's from!!! The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! Cat sings that song all the time! Oh Tootles!!!

Lee ,  29 January, 2009 01:00  

I actually started saying the name Esmerelda and could not remember where it was from.
Sure, I'm not a mom. But it's still similar!

Unknown ,  29 January, 2009 09:51  

LOL so true, so true.

Yes, I am a sweeper (pretty regularly). I actually started my blog so I could share pics of our win to Disney World without having to figure out how to put them on the message boards (I'm lazy like that).
Here's my post about where I find the giveaways, etc. if you are interested. http://www.myloonyverse.com/2008/06/getting-started-entering-contests-and.html
Oh and if you do decide to do it grab RoboForm (there is a free version, a link is on my sidebar) to make it go a million times faster.

Anonymous ,  29 January, 2009 12:41  

That is great! I love your blog I am visiting from Randi and Kristen's blog.

Anonymous ,  29 January, 2009 18:41  

Haha! Great, good to know that once we have kids our obsession w/ movie quotes will not include children's movies as well!

Jessica G. ,  29 January, 2009 22:12  

Oh, I have so done that...and then gotten blank stares.

And if you quote The Princess Bride in any other state, they have no idea what you are talking about.

Queenie Jeannie ,  31 January, 2009 08:54  

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Every day, and I mean EVERY DAY, Thomas will come home and say..."We just got a letter, we just got a letter, we just got a letter, I wonder who it's from!?"

Post a Comment

Is this your first time here? Please...tell us where you clicked from.

A Word From Our Sponsors

All images are compliments of Google Images, unless watermarked or otherwise noted.

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP