Garbage, Trash and More Waste

>>  Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The taking down of our Christmas tree brought on the urge to purge. Kyle and I spent the entire weekend that followed Christmas morning cleaning out closets, drawers, and toy boxes. One can only imagine the amount of garbage that was taken from my house in those two days.


It is beyond comprehension how we as a family manage to create so much garbage. Between our normal food waste, dirty diapers, and all the extras, it is never ending. I refrained from taking pictures of the piling garbage -out of self preservation, but believe me when I say it was of astronimical proportions.

Out of desperation, Kyle and I began loading it in the trunk of the car and dropping it in a nearby dumpster. We have emptied the trunk of our car twice and filled our city issued garbage can twice, since Christmas morning. As things are now, if we create any more garbage between now and garbage day, its going to have to be piled somewhere, or hauled away again.

Maybe we, as a family should seriously consider recycling. I fear though, that will be just one more garbage can we will fill up. Oh the garbage!

16 Pepsi Points :

Knit Purl Gurl ,  07 January, 2009 07:38  

Congrats on your BSU Feature!!!

Unknown ,  07 January, 2009 08:46  

I so KWYM about garbage! I am thinking of doing a junkcycle on my blog-i have stuff that has got to go!

Unknown ,  07 January, 2009 09:00  

Coming over to visit from "B"! It is so funny that you have brought your garbage to a dumpster...I think I'll have to sleep with my garbage man to get him to take the almost 15 bags of garbage since Christmas...sigh. You gotta do, what'cha gotta do. It has been really cold here, though. -30 degrees celsius is a good excuse to not walk the 40ft to the alley. That's what I'm going with anyhow.

Jen ,  07 January, 2009 10:13  

I'm sooo jealous. I took days off from work to do that very thing, but ended up spending it finishing this cookbook my sister and I were doing for family that didn't get done in time for Christmas! Grrr. I bet it feels FANTASTIC having everything cleaned out!

Kristina P. ,  07 January, 2009 12:04  

I went through a fall cleaning several months ago, and it was great. I don't even want to talk about the storage units.

Erin ,  07 January, 2009 12:08  

Wow, good for you! I cleaned out completely when we moved five months ago. I have a DI pile, but it's not too overwhelmingly high. What a great feeling I bet you have right now.

TJ ,  07 January, 2009 12:14  

I bet it feels good to get it all out.

trublubyu ,  07 January, 2009 15:08  

i love getting rid of stuff. where does it all come from?

congrats on your de-cluttering!

Queenie Jeannie ,  07 January, 2009 18:04  

I applaud your efforts and energy. Right now I have neither but am in desperate need of both!!

Lollidale Farm ,  07 January, 2009 21:14  

I was thinking the same thing after Christmas--we had TONS of recycling and trash. It feels wonderful to purge!
~Lolli from *Life is Sweet*

Hccm ,  07 January, 2009 22:38  

We go through the same thing at our home. Where does all the stuff come from?

BSU

Unknown ,  07 January, 2009 23:31  

Saw you on Blog Stalkers...so now I guess I'm a stalker...and I so know what you mean about purging after the holidays because I so did the same thing and I am positive that the garbage men hate us now!

Cassie ,  08 January, 2009 01:03  

Love the picture of your little fellow saying to "read my mommie's blog"...what a hoot! You are a very funny person. I am now joining your fan club.

A Friendly Reader Only ,  08 January, 2009 03:15  

I don't even have little children at home anymore and I still had several trash bags being taken out after christmas!!

Unknown ,  08 January, 2009 09:51  

We had SO much trash over the holidays....plus we cleaned out our junk room- we took a truck load to the dump, a van load to the thrift store donation, and filled the garbage can. I do recycle paper products at the schools, they get cash for hwo full their dumpsters are- and cans too.

Donna ,  08 January, 2009 12:17  

At least you're lucky to have gotten a big part of your spring cleaning done early!

Post a Comment

Is this your first time here? Please...tell us where you clicked from.

A Word From Our Sponsors

All images are compliments of Google Images, unless watermarked or otherwise noted.

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP