I Once Was Lost, But Now Am Found...
>> Sunday, December 21, 2008
I know I have been absent as of late. For those of you that missed me, I am sorry. This is a busy busy busy time of year. In my home -like many of yours I am sure, there has been those last minute projects to be finished, wrapping to be done, and parties to attend. I am usually more prepared, but found myself exactly three weeks behind schedule (the same amount of time, I laid in bed -sick).
We are on the final countdown to Christmas. I can feel the excitement brewing, and the nauseous feeling that accompanies it all. My boys don't know it yet, but we really out did ourselves this year. We didn't mean to. Honestly, we just couldn't resist the urge to buy, buy, buy. After giving it some thought over the last few days, we have selected some particular items to be put away for Easter and as "potty-training" bribes.
Aside from the craziness that is this time of year. There is something magical about it all. The giving, the enjoying, the excitement that fills the air. On a more personal level, as a family we have adopted traditions to carry on and send with our children. Everything from "The Twelve Days of Christmas" to our "Christmas Light Glasses" (as in eyeglasses, that project fun objects around the Christmas Lights).
What do YOU think makes this time of year magical? Is it a good family get-together, watching A Christmas Story (you'll shoot your eye out..) for the 10 millionth time, or is simply just the fact that You Believe?













10 Pepsi Points :
I believe in Christmas, my Savior and the Family. My family is the greatest. They are really taking care of me.
Being with my family and friends and clelebrating everything that comes along with Christmas
I fear that Christmas has become way to commercialized which leads me away from all the gifts. I enjoy the extra time with friends and family and the simple kindness that seems to fill the air.
i will forgive as long as you return after the new year for sure!!
All the decorations outside.
I would say family, but they all live away from us and never come to visit.
And I forgive you! Haha
christmas is all about traditions. i just love it. and i have to agree with your readers- it is about family!
welcome back! missed ya.
I think its watching the joy and suprise on kids faces!
For me, Christmas is about the children. I get teary everytime I see a kid sit on Santa's lap... or see the excitement in their eyes... That is what makes Christmas magical to me... And oh so worth all the stress!
Glad you're back.
This will be the first Christmas my husband and I will spend with my side of the family. With so many little grandkids running around it should be fun. Plus, I think my 24/7 morning sickness is easing and I'll be able to enjoy the festivities.
I think the magic comes from people remembering what really matters in life, mixed with fond memories from the past and religious beliefs and testimonies reinforced and strengthened.
Post a Comment