Adventures in Motherhood

>>  Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Its not uncommon for Kyle and the boys to take an afternoon nap, in attempt to catch up on all the missed sleep. Its usually more for Kyles benefit than anyone elses, but still.

Well, yesterday was no exception. The only problem was, that the nap started later then usual and all three of them slept until at least 4pm. For those of you that knows what its like to try and put a 3 year old to bed, that isn't tired yet, you can see the problem already.

Because of our ever changing schedules, Kyle was at work and our I was left to cope with our "I NOT Tired" 3 year old on my own. Figuring that there was no sense in fighting it, I allowed him to climb into bed with me and turned on the cartoons......

Typically this scenario is not a big deal. You can get him to settle down, turn off the TV and his dad moves him to his own bed once he finally gets home from work. Things didn't quite play out as they have in the past, not last night anyways.

I must have dosed off at some point, thinking Mason was asleep. Only to be rudely awaken at 12:45 AM! For those of you that know me, I don't exactly wake up smiley and pleasant. And if you startle me awake, you better be prepared to defend yourself, because I come up fighting.

I was startled awake by the beeping of him turning on and then off, a fan in my room, only to realize that EVERY LIGHT in my room was on. The TV had been turned back on, and I could hear a TV in the living room. I came out of bed hollering....the look on his face was priceless. It was a classic "deer caught in the headlights" look.

He knew that he had done something, and took off running. Me, not fully awake, and a little disoriented, I chased him down the hall, through the living room and into the kitchen before I caught a hold of him and realized that he was stark naked and going commando.

I don't know if it was out of fear or exhaustion, but when I caught up with him he was somewhat co-operative about getting into his own bed and going to sleep for the night. It took me several minutes to turn off every light from my room to the laundry room as well as every TV. I double checked the stove just to be sure. And then it hit me..I hadn't yet found the missing diaper. I looked high and low before I saw it sitting...dirty side down in the middle of the kitchen table.

Needless to say I cloroxed the table before going to bed. But still this morning, I was finding things, such as rugs and other decorations that he had apparently moved last night during his little "play time"

...oh the adventures of being a mother......

0 Pepsi Points :

Post a Comment

Is this your first time here? Please...tell us where you clicked from.

A Word From Our Sponsors

All images are compliments of Google Images, unless watermarked or otherwise noted.

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP