A Goal of Books
>> Saturday, January 11, 2014
I used to devour books by the handful, all at one time usually. I used to go to the library a few times a month, get 4-6 books and read them all in one setting. Then life happened. Motherhood happened, and I found myself {too} busy to actually sit down and read a book. Even with all the new found devices (smart phones, my Nook etc) that allow me to carry an entire library in my purse, I still haven't managed to average more than 1 book a year for quite a few years....
I've set out to change that this year. I'm starting with a manageable goal of 12 books for the year. That's one a month. I can manage that, right?!? I should be able to do. I know the key to my success is going to be setting down the devices (unless it's my Nook, of course, but only for reading purposes), turn off the television and MAKE time for myself. The last one is the most important to me....making time for myself.
Wish me luck! I may need it, as the electronics in my life are incredibly enticing and the young folk {read children} insist on being paid attention to and fed. I mean, really? I gave them birth, they expect me to continue to maintain and sustain them, really!?!
*for the record, I recognize the importance of my children, but it's all much easier to digest with a dose of humor and laughter. I truly don't view them as nuisances or unimportant objects.


2 Pepsi Points :
Oh how I love to read! You'll be jealous to hear that I usually read through 2 or 3 books a week! I do recognize that I am an empty nester and don't have those distracting children around - although I do have a husband, which can be just as bad!
Yay for books and reading! I look forward to reading your reviews of what you read this year on Goodreads! :)
Post a Comment