Devastated!

>>  Thursday, February 26, 2009

I was innocently trolling through my google reader yesterday morning, nothing unusual. When I stumbled upon..okay, so really I intentionally went looking for her posts, because she is that hilarious..but I digress. I stumbled upon Ms. Bee’s post, cleverly titled ‘Getting My Poster Geek On’.

I won’t divulge her inner geek here on my blog. But if you are truly interested, I provided you with a link to the post in question (You’re welcome Ms. Bee). For all intents and purposes though, and to maybe peak your interest, I must tell you that she was admitting to who’s faces adorned her bedroom wall as a young fairy. Which she followed up by asking- “Who did you have hanging on your wall ‘back in the day’”?

The truth is, I wasn’t much into that ‘back in the day’. Having said that, there was ONE poster that hung on the back of my door, and it was of this creature:
For those of you that lived in a shell during the days of ‘The Never-Ending Story II’ or ‘Lady-Bugs’. That would be Jonathan Brandis. A far cry from the dark-haired, green-eyed man, I eventually fell in love with and married. (My taste has improved with age! THANK GOODNESS)

After reading Ms. Bee’s post, giggling and then wondering..whatever happened to Jonathan Brandis? I was shocked to find out that he died several years ago. I was too devastated to read through the articles and find out the cause, but all leads point towards an over-dose. *sigh*.

Won’t you all join me in a moment of silence as we mourn the loss of a teen heart-throb from years past.....

…1 Mississippi
…2 Mississippi
..3 Missisi……

Okay, I’m bored. Do tell...what has come of your pre-teen heart-throb?

28 Pepsi Points :

Kati ,  26 February, 2009 06:34  

I have NO IDEA who he is! Haha!

When I was a kid.. not that long ago, I had posters of Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys before he went gansta and Paris Hilton!

B ,  26 February, 2009 07:33  

Are you sure because I was under the impression that he died from injuries sustained when he tried to hang himself.

Jo ,  26 February, 2009 08:05  

Shaun Cassiday, because I am that much older than you dear!

Anonymous ,  26 February, 2009 08:10  

I had several. Jonathan was one of them. I did know he was dead though. Saw it on tv and cried like a schoolgirl.

Sandy ,  26 February, 2009 08:11  

I had no idea he died:0(

Randi Troxell ,  26 February, 2009 08:12  

OMG!!! i totally remember Landybugs... it was GREAT! and i do remember him too... thats sad though that he died.

Just SO ,  26 February, 2009 08:12  

I remember him. I'm sorry for your loss...here's a tissue.

Have you seen the movie The Outsiders? Anyone of those guys in that movie were on my wall at one time or another. But especially C. Thomas Howell. Oh and I did have crush on the pre-surgical Michael Jackson.

I'm having a moment of silence on my blog.

Jillene ,  26 February, 2009 08:18  

Shawn Cassidy, Barry Gibb from the Bee Gees, Andy Gibb (who is dead), like Shanna anyone from the Outsiders.

Erin ,  26 February, 2009 08:23  

I didn't know that boy, but that picture sure is cute. I could see having a major crush on him when I was younger, if I had ever seen either of those movies!

Kristina P. ,  26 February, 2009 09:08  

Yeah, I always liked him too and I read that when it happened. It's so sad!!

Jillybean ,  26 February, 2009 09:23  

Shawn Cassidy and Andy Gibb.
I must be the same age as Jo and Jillene.

Anonymous ,  26 February, 2009 09:32  

Oh this is fun I am definiely going to put this one up on my blog.... I thought Jonathan was always cute and I did hear that he died a few years ago pretty sad.

Anonymous ,  26 February, 2009 10:17  

His face looks familiar but he's kinda girly, wouldn't you say? Of course Rob Lowe is too and I remember I went through a period of appreciation for him.

Kristen ,  26 February, 2009 10:30  

Cool post!
I'll have to try to remember that far back!

Anonymous ,  26 February, 2009 10:32  

Well mine is dead....Andy Gibb LOL
God rest his soul

Have you been watching "confessions of a teen idol on Vh1"??

Robyn Jones ,  26 February, 2009 10:50  

I have to say that unfortunatly I was a boring teen....while my friends were all into teen beat (or whatever teen magazines were around in the day) I was more interested in drawing or playing music....I probably couldn't tell you who the heart throbs of the 80s were....

Kathy ,  26 February, 2009 11:25  

Yes well Ms. Bee forgot about Bobby Sherman (too long ago for you to remember, but I was disappointed in her for leaving him out.) I also had a poster of Mickey Mouse in my bedroom. I wonder what Freud would say about that?

Andrea ,  26 February, 2009 11:44  

I didn't have any boy posters on my wall and I never "followed" any bands... Am I the only one?? :-)

BTW, I looove your blog decor! I actually used this exact background by Lena when I made a stake primary (private) website. Such good taste you and I have. Lol

Andrea ,  26 February, 2009 11:45  

Ohh but I did/do love The Neverending Story. Attttraaaayyyuuuu... (or however you might spell it :p)

Jules AF ,  26 February, 2009 12:22  

My pre-teen idols are still pretty young. Well, relatively. I'm a youngun.

Dawn Parsons Smith ,  26 February, 2009 12:59  

Thank you for the bloggy love fest! I received so many emails from that post yesterday that I set out to see what happened to my old luvs! Rex Smith is starting a reality show with his long lost son, is still doing concerts, etc. Bay City Rollers still doing concerts. (lol!) And Kathy..I beg your forgiveness about Bobby Sherman! I shared with you my brain fade on that one! lol! I loved him too! Thank goodness for Jillene reminding me of Shaun Cassidy! I'm old, people! My brain doesn't hold it all in like it used to! hee hee hee!

Jen ,  26 February, 2009 13:19  

Wow! I had NO idea he passed away, so I joined you in a moment of silence! My teen heart throb was Shaun Cassidy (looks like I'm in the same age bracket of some of you other bloggers). I hear he and his brother are going to have a new show on TV. Ta-do-run-run-run-ta-do-run-run....Ah, those were thee days.

Shan G ,  26 February, 2009 21:13  

My heartthrob is here: http://www.rickspringfield.com/ just make sure you turn off the player at the right side! And check out his new lullaby CD (there is a sample on the blog).

Where did you get your cute twitter icon?

Amber ,  26 February, 2009 22:42  

My condolences. We used to watch Newsies ALL the time though...

Donna ,  27 February, 2009 11:40  

That's so funny! I loved Jonathan Brandis too! When I was in 8th grade I had his posters hanging up in my room. I bought those teeny-bopper magazines because of him and because of my other crush, Matthew Lawrence (Joey's younger brother). I hadn't thought of these two guys in a long time. I did hear about it when he died a few years ago. How sad!

Fiauna ,  27 February, 2009 13:58  

There is no way I'm telling you who was on my wall as a kid. No way! Besides. my husband is sooo much cuter than any one from my wall back in 198_____.

Post a Comment

Is this your first time here? Please...tell us where you clicked from.

A Word From Our Sponsors

All images are compliments of Google Images, unless watermarked or otherwise noted.

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP