A Tale of Two Cuts

>>  Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I don't know about you, but I am very particular about who cuts, colors and styles my hair. After some bad experiences I believe that you get what you pay for and having someone that knows your hair can make all the difference. Because of this, I have a tendency to stick to my hair dresser like glue. Needless to say, I'm loyal. I'm faithful. Never letting another set of scissors change things.

A few months ago however, I let my hair go longer than I like to, and in desperation sought out my hair therapy in other places. One cut led to two. There has been a sense of guilt. Wondering if my absence had gone unnoticed.

I decided to rekindle that old relationship. Because it's true, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. But I feel quite sheepish as I return. I know I must explain myself. Even though there isn't really anything to explain. But what is one supposed to say?

Am I the only one that feels awkward about leaving one stylist for another and then finding myself back in the chair..where I began?

7 Pepsi Points :

Kristina P. ,  27 April, 2010 09:11  

This is tough!

I have been going to the same girl for about 3 years. We had to review a stylist for a Sassy review, and I decided to get my hair cut. I love my stylist, but haven't been loving her cuts, lately.

And now I love my cut! Ack! It's like cheating!

Randi Troxell ,  27 April, 2010 09:56  

i totally feel ya...

but i wouldnt worry if you wanted to go back.. they really shouldnt treat you any different... after all, you ARE returning and they ARE getting your business again!!!

Cassie ,  27 April, 2010 12:02  

You are so cute...it's natural to check out new places once in awhile. In Phoenix I followed my old stylist around from one salon to the next---she was a rambler! That lasted about 10 years, then I decided she wasn't all that special that I should drive so far out of my way to get a trim. Anyway,I'm loyal to no one now (but my sweetie, of course). Now my dogs, that's another story...they go to Jody 32miles away.LOL!!

Sorry we didn't connect (once again)while traveling through Utah, but you know the crapolla we went through this year.Ugh. Still hasseling with the insurance...actaully trying to get someone to call me back.

Liz Mays ,  27 April, 2010 14:46  

That is a REALLY awkward situation because there's no way they don't know you've gone elsewhere, so you have to just say it. Yikes!

I'm sad I'm leaving my hairdresser when I move. It took me 8 years to find one I liked and I'm dying to have to leave her. She's consistently excellent.

Unknown ,  27 April, 2010 19:10  

Lie. Lie through your teeth. Lie like your hair on a soggy, rainy day. Tell your stylist that you were talked into a "make-over" by a thoughtful friend. Tell her you were ambushed by a neighbor trying out a new career in hair. Tell her whatever makes her NOT want to destroy your hair. Then, sit back, relax and enjoy your new "do"

Jo ,  03 May, 2010 21:17  

I am the same way. I finally have an appt with my guy tomorrow. My hair is down to my waist and out of control. I love my guy, I won't go anywhere else... maybe...

Loralee and the gang... ,  21 May, 2010 20:01  

I have been there...I just pretended like I had never been MIA. It worked pretty well. She didn't ruin my hair. What good would that have done? Then for sure I'd never be back...And I think most hairdressers know it's going to happen at some point, and if they get all pouty about, it doesn't help the situation. So just be cool..

Post a Comment

Is this your first time here? Please...tell us where you clicked from.

A Word From Our Sponsors

All images are compliments of Google Images, unless watermarked or otherwise noted.

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP